The Detroit Tigers are seeking a Physical Therapist to join the Sports Medicine Team. This position will play an integral role in getting our injured players both Major and Minor League back to healthy status to return to the field as quickly and safely as possible.
This position will be located in Lakeland, FL.
- Responsible for the rehabilitation of Major and Minor League players and for the coordination of rehab players across the Tigers system
- Assist the Minor League Medical & Rehab Coordinator in directing player care for our Minor League players
- Work together with the Tigers Strength and Conditioning staff to develop and execute return to play progressions
- Work with the Tigers Sports Medicine & Strength and Conditioning Staffs to develop and implement the following:
- Athlete Assessment programs and testing
- Individualized player plans based on results
- Doctorate or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy
- Strong Communication Skills
- Training Room Experience preferred
- Baseball Experience preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
Please apply by submitting resume and contact information to Kevin Rand at: Kevin.Rand@tigers.com