POSITION: Major League Massage Therapist
LEVEL OF POSITION: Major League
ORGANIZATION: Chicago Cubs
JOB STATUS: Full Time Massage Therapist
CONTACT PERSON(S): Chuck Baughman, MS, ATC
APPLICATION LINK: CLICK HERE
- This is a full-time position with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K). The position will start ASAP with responsibilities with the Major League team.
- Detect dysfunctional movement patterns and design and implement individualized corrective exercise programs to address these dysfunctions.
- Be an active member of the High Performance Team and participate in continuing education opportunities and promote a culture of progressive learning.
- Assist in day-to-day athletic training room operations.
- Adhere to the guidelines of administrative documentation including, but not limited to, AHMS, Emergency Action Plans, budgeting inventory management.
- Responsible for monthly performance testing (i.e., range of motion, TMG, strength) as determined by the High Performance Team.
- Maintenance, including calibration, of therapeutic modalities in his/her control.
- Comply with and establish a line of communication between the professional athlete, manager, coaching staff, Major League Medical Staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of High Performance, Head Athletic Trainer.
- Complete a yearly evaluation and review with Director of High Performance, Head Athletic Trainer and other appropriate personnel.
- The massage therapist will identify and carry out the education and counseling of players and staff regarding their injuries/health.
- Follow up with athlete’s health history and injury status of players.
- Certification by American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)
- State Licensure is required where applicable
- Maintain certification in Massage Therapy by fulfilling Continuing Education requirements
- Must maintain professional liability insurance coverage
- Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Master’s degree or advanced coursework related to healthcare
- Certification or advanced coursework related to Strength and Conditioning
- Previous work experience in professional baseball
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until position is filled.