JOB TITLE: Minor League Athletic Training Intern – Certified
LOCATION: AA Tennessee Smokies – Southern League
REPORTS TO: AA Minor League Athletic Trainer
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (hourly)
The 2019 Minor League Athletic Training Intern role offers the opportunity for a certified trainer to learn from and assist the Minor League Athletic Trainer and Minor League Medical Coordinator. This role will primarily assist the AA Minor League Athletic Trainer with daily responsibilities during the 2019 home series in Kodak, TN.
Applications must be submitted by February 15, 2019
- Interact and collaborate with Team Physicians, Chicago Cubs staff, and Tennessee Smokies front office/support personnel
- Handle and support daily player care responsibilities
- Assist with prevention and care of athletic injuries
- Manage evaluation of injuries and general medical ailments
- Ensure proper medical record keeping and reporting procedures
- Any and all other duties assigned by the AA Minor League Athletic Trainer
- NATA-BOC Certification
- Eligible for Tennessee state licensure
- CPR/AED certification
- Must be available to begin April 1, 2019 and continue through the completion of the 2019 regular season (please refer to smokiesbaseball.com to review the team schedule)
- Interest in pursuing a career in minor league baseball
Interested in joining the team? Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email to CBaughman@cubs.com & TWilliams@cubs.com no later than February 15, 2019. Qualified applicants will be contacted for a phone interview prior to March 2019.
The Chicago Cubs and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and employing a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected characteristics.