POSITION: Certified Athletic Trainer
LEVEL OF POSITION: Arizona Complex League
ORGANIZATION: Chicago Cubs
JOB STATUS: Full Time Athletic Trainer
CONTACT PERSON(S): James Edwards – Minor League Medical Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
APPLICATION METHOD: Please email resume to James Edwards
- This is a full-time, 12-month position (November 1st– October 31st) with benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K). The position will start ASAP with responsibilities in Mesa, Arizona at the team’s complex. Would require relocation to Mesa, AZ (or surrounding Phoenix Metro Area).
- Detect dysfunctional movement patterns and design and implement individualized corrective exercise programs to address these dysfunctions.
- Evaluate, provide differential diagnosis, and execute treatment plans for acutely injured athletes and coaching staff
- Be an active member of the High Performance Athletic Training Staff and participate in continuing education opportunities and promote a culture of progressive learning.
- Coordinate pre- and exit-physicals of professional athletes and staff at the training complex.
- Administer emergency care utilizing appropriate OSHA guidelines and make medical referrals, if necessary.
- Direct day-to-day athletic training room operations.
- Adhere to the guidelines of administrative documentation including, but not limited to, AHMS, Emergency Action Plans, Major and Minor League insurance programs, Pharmaceutical Program, budgeting inventory management.
- Responsible for monthly performance testing (i.e., range of motion, strength) as determined by the High Performance Team.
- Maintenance, including calibration, of therapeutic modalities in his/her control.
- Maintain positive working relationship with team physicians and coordinate appropriate medical testing as directed by the team physician.
- Comply with and establish a line of communication between the professional athlete, manager, coaching staff, Major and Minor League Medical Staff’s.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Medical Services, Director of Player Development, Head Athletic Trainer and Minor League Medical Coordinator.
- Complete a yearly evaluation and review with Director of Medical Services, Director of Player Development, Head Athletic Trainer, Minor League Medical Coordinator, and other appropriate personnel.
- The athletic trainer will identify and carry out the education and counseling of players and staff regarding their injuries/health.
- Assist with coordinating surgeries & follow-up care appointments for all players.
- Follow up with athlete’s health history and injury status of players.
- Coordinate with the team orthopedic and internist regarding appointments, evaluations, and medical concerns.
- Certification by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- State Licensure is required where applicable
- Maintain certification in Athletic Training by fulfilling Continuing Education requirements
- Must maintain professional liability insurance coverage
- Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Master’s degree or advanced coursework related to healthcare
- Certification or advanced coursework related to Strength and Conditioning
- Previous work experience in professional baseball
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until position is filled.