POSITION: Coordinator Latin American Medical
LEVEL OF POSITION: Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Milwaukee Brewers
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
CONTACT PERSON(S): Frank Neville
All phases of the hiring process must go through the above website.
JOB DESCRIPTION: As part of Medical Department this role will oversee the prevention, care, treatment, and selected rehabilitation, under the supervision of a licensed team physician, for all athletic injuries/illnesses incurred by the Milwaukee Brewers minor league players and coaches at our Dominican Republic facility.
Core duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct oversight and mentoring of all DR minor league athletic trainers with knowledge, experience, and professional development of athletic training personnel
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical information as well as medical records (MLB EMR) as it pertains to minor league players and coaches
- Collaborate with the Coordinator – Minor League Strength & Conditioning Latin America Liaison to provide comprehensive oversight of Player Health at the Dominican Republic Facility.
See Job Description details on the above Brewers application website.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have 5 years of professional baseball experience in the medical or a related field, have national certification from the National Athletic Trainers Association, as well as the ability to live in the Dominican Republic. Candidates with the ability to speak Spanish are preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- Masters in Athletic Training (M.S.A.T.) preferred, but not required.