POSITION: Certified Athletic Trainer or dual-credentialed Certified Athletic Trainer and Physical Therapist
LEVEL OF POSITION: Dominican Republic (Dominican Summer League – DSL)
ORGANIZATION: Toronto Blue Jays
JOB STATUS: Seasonal
CONTACT PERSON(S): Andrew Pipkin/Michael Rendon
METHOD OF CONTACT:
Please email a copy of your resume/CV and a cover letter to the attention of Andrew Pipkin/Michael Rendon at the email address listed below. No phone calls please.
One seasonal position is now available within the Toronto Blue Jays minor league system. The available position will be located in the Dominican Republic and Dunedin, FL. The athletic trainer will work alongside both the Toronto Blue Jays medical staff during Extended Spring Training and with the DSL team in the DR. This position will begin on or around May 15, 2022 and run through December 2022. This position would also require the candidate to provide medical coverage for off season camps taking place in the DR and/or Florida during the months of October – Mid December. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation techniques for various injuries
- Record keeping using the electronic medical records system
- Administer yearly assessments on players
- Implement medical and training room administrative services such as scheduling doctor’s appointment, ordering supplies, and documenting injuries.
- Assisting with daily maintenance programs for all players
- Perform various administrative duties as assigned
NATABOC certified and in good standing
- CPR/AED certification required
- Prior experience in professional baseball encouraged, but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
- Strong communication and computer skills required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 1, 2022.