POSITION: Certified Athletic Trainer
LEVEL OF POSITION: Spring Training Complex (Arizona Complex League – ACL)
ORGANIZATION: Oakland Athletics
JOB STATUS: Full time
CONTACT PERSON(S): Nate Brooks – Medical Coordinator
METHOD OF CONTACT:
160 E. Athletics Way
Mesa, AZ 85201
eFax: (510) 380-6935
One (1) full time position is now available within the Oakland Athletics minor league system. The available position will be located in Mesa, AZ. This is a full-time contracted position with eligible benefits requiring coverage at the Oakland A’s Arizona Complex assisting in overseeing the Arizona Complex League Rookie Team.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation techniques for various injuries.
- Provide on-call medical assistance for on-field and off-field injuries and illnesses.
- Implement pre-game and pre-practice player preparation designed for injury prevention.
- Maintain recordkeeping using the electronic medical records system (AHMS), in accordance with best practices and minimum standards.
- Implement medical and training room administrative services such as scheduling doctor’s appointments, ordering supplies and documenting injuries.
- Assist Performance Coach with maintenance programs for all players.
- Assist the Team Physicians in providing medical supervision to Minor League club personnel.
- Daily communication of player health status with the Medical Coordinator and Field Staff.
- Other similar duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Adhering to and monitoring of Health & Safety Protocols per MLB and the Club
- NATABOC certified and in good standing
- Eligible and in good standing for Arizona State Licensure
- CPR/AED certification required
- Prior experience in professional baseball encouraged, but not required
- Spanish speaking skills encouraged, but not required
- Strong communication and computer skills required
- Successful applicants for this position must be up to date (according to MLB and Club policy) in their vaccination status against COVID-19 as a condition of employment
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled