The Los Angeles Angels Player Development Department is seeking passionate individuals to join our team. As a Minor League Athletic Trainer, you will be fully immersed in our department, collaborating with coordinators, front office executives, members of other departments, and performing impactful work. Your work will be dynamic, challenging, and you will be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow, and develop over the course of your athletic training career. In addition to handling the essential functions of being an athletic trainer, we desire proactive thinkers who will take initiative and explore ideas that improve organizational processes. Applicants can come from any discipline or background that apply to athletic training.
Examples of essential responsibilities:
- Implement organizational athletic training philosophy.
- In-season supervision of the prevention, care, and treatment of injuries and illnesses of minor league players.
- Conduct off-season follow ups with minor league players.
- Collaborate across departments, including (but not limited to): Video, Quantitative Analysis, Sports Science, Strength and Conditioning, Mental Conditioning.
- Act as a liaison between club physician(s), front office, field staff, and players.
- Proactively identify areas that make organizational impact.
You should have:
- NATA BOC Certification
- Eligibility for Licensure
- Humility & care for others to be a great teammate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic & discipline with an attention to detail
- Willingness to work with individuals from a variety of linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Growth mindset with an interest in the latest trends and research in athletic training
Experience and skills that are not required but considered plus:
- Prior experience in baseball
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Examples of past research or analysis (in any relevant discipline)
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend and stoop frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Ability to work on uneven ground
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note that any job offer is contingent upon your providing verification that you have been fully vaccinated (at least 14 days have passed since receiving final dose of vaccine) against COVID-19. Job offers will be withdrawn (regardless of whether you have already signed) if this condition is not satisfied. Unless and until this step has been completed, you should not resign your current employment, otherwise alter your employment status, or alter any personal circumstances in reliance on a conditional offer. Angels Baseball is committed to providing equal opportunity, and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. If there is a medical or religious reason you believe you cannot comply with this requirement, please discuss with Human Resources during your interview process.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply directly at:
As part of your online application, you will need to upload a current resume and answer the following questions.
- What is your level of fluency in English and Spanish?
- Describe your overall philosophy for athletic training. (250 Word Limit)
- How do you approach integrating objective & subjective information? (250 Word Limit)
- Describe your communication approach with both English & non-English speakers to maximize quality of instruction? (250 Word Limit)