The 360 Neuro Health Institute co-hosted with Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is proud to bring you the 2019 Concussion Health Summit and Town Hall Event in Austin, Texas at Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas. This event encourages education and discussion, bringing together an influential array of experts, practitioners, and community from a range of specialties who will discuss the latest knowledge and technology regarding diagnosing and treating concussions.
The Concussion Health Summit is open to healthcare providers and continuing education credits (for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist assistants, Occupational Therapists, and Athletic Trainers) will be available from
Friday, September 27th to Sunday, September 29th – 12:30pm. You are also welcome to join us for the Concussion Town Hall Discussion Panel from 1:30pm to 3:00pm.
The Concussion Town Hall Event is open to the community and starts on Sunday, September 29th at 8:00am with presentations from world-renowned experts. Following the morning session is an interactive event with open discussions and question & answer sessions among healthcare providers, advocates, and individuals who have suffered a concussion as well as loved ones and caregivers.
FREE Balance Performance Baseline Testing (optional) will take place on Sunday, September 29th from 4:00pm – 5:00pm and is available to 100 student-athletes. The testing takes less than 10 minutes! It includes:
- Symptom Assessment – symptom questionnaire and medical history.
- Single Leg Stance (eyes closed) – ankle stability
- Heel-Toe Walking – a test sensitive to changes in balance after concussion
- Oculomotor Tests – eye movements which are related to performance
- Visual-Vestibular Interaction – high level balance tests when relying on your inner ear and visual system; a test sensitive to changes in balance after concussion
For more information, please visit: https://www.concussionhealthsummit.com/