POSITION: Athletic Trainer LEVEL OF POSITION: Rookie AZL ORGANIZATION: Padres JOB STATUS: Full-time CONTACT...
Tampa Bay Rays – Athletic Training Assistant
POSITION: Athletic Training Assistant
LEVEL OF POSITION: Other
ORGANIZATION: Tampa Bay Rays
JOB STATUS: Seasonal/5 Months
CONTACT PERSON(S): Joseph Benge, ATC
METHOD OF CONTACT:
EMAIL ONLY – Jbenge@raysbaseball.com
• Report to Minor League Medical Coordinator & Minor League Rehabilitation Coordinator
• Five (5) month position (April 2 – August 31)
• Assist with daily treatment for Extended Spring Training and Gulf Coast League teams as well as rehab players.
• Assist with transportation to and from physician’s appointments, including entrance physicals, in St. Petersburg, Port Charlotte and other locations as necessary as well as accompany player during physician examinations.
• Facilitates communication between Physician and Minor League Medical Coordinator, Rehabilitation Coordinator and affiliate athletic trainers regarding player visits to physician.
• Utilization of and entry of treatment and medical records into RMS (Electronic Medical Records)
• Assist with field setup for Extended Spring Training and Gulf Coast League games as needed.
• Will work with and travel with Gulf Coast League team and assist affiliate athletic trainer if not responsible for other duties during that time frame
• Opportunity to assist with Florida State League team over course of season to gain experience as well
• Monthly stipend TBD
• Housing provided
• Two (2) meals provided daily at complex
• Travel reimbursement to and from Port Charlotte, FL
• NATA (National Athletic Trainer’s Association) Board Certified
• Must be able to report to Port Charlotte, FL April 2, 2017
• Position will run through end of championship season or until 1 week prior to begin of academic year at student’s current institution if Graduate Student
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must submit to criminal background check
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must live in housing provided
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled