By: David Iannicca MSEd, ATC, CSCS | Kansas City Royals Where...
Milwaukee Brewers – Athletic Training Intern
Intern – Certified Athletic Trainer
Roger Caplinger, Director-Medical Operations Roger.firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary Provides the prevention, care, treatment and rehabilitation, under the supervision of a certified/licensed athletic trainer, for all athletic injuries and illnesses incurred by Milwaukee Brewer Minor League players at the Milwaukee Brewers Dominican Republic Complex.
The applicant will reside outside of the United States at the Milwaukee Brewers Dominican Republic Complex (San Pedro de Macoris, DR). This is a paid internship and is a non-benefit position. Salary is based on an hourly wage for 11 weeks. The Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club (MBBC) will be responsible for transportation to and from the Dominican Republic. Applicant will be responsible for having a valid passport required for travel outside the United States and/or Visa. Housing and meals will be provided by the MBBC at the MBBC Dominican Republic Complex.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the maintenance of inventory of medical equipment and supplies purchased or owned by the Milwaukee Brewers organization.
- Assist to ensure rules and policies are adhered to by players.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date health information and files on players,
doctors, hospitals, and facilities available for treatment.
- Assist in conditioning program set up by Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
- Assist in stretching of players as a group prior to all workouts as applicable.
- Be present at all workouts and games. Complete all treatment and individual rehabs before
workouts and games.
- Be available on 24-hour basis for emergencies.
- Assist in keep training room supplies and modalities in neat orderly working condition.
- Assist when applicable with transportation of players to and from ballpark and physician
- Miscellaneous assignments with regards to both Brewer major and minor league medical staffs.
- Indirectly supervises employees/athletes utilizing the facilities to ensure that discipline is
maintained both on and off the field assuring proper conduct that appropriately represents and follows the Milwaukee Brewer policy and procedures.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA-BOC) certification is required at the time of submission of application and must be in good standing with the NATA
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) credential of CSCS is preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred
- May 2016 Graduates will be considered
- Computer Skills
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Duration of Internship:
June 1 to August 21. Meals and housing will be provided in Spring Training and at our Dominican Republic Complex during the summer.
Please visit the following link: https://internal-brewers.icims.com/jobs/1379/intern—certified-athletic- trainer/