POSITION: Minor League Athletic Trainer LEVEL OF POSITION: Short Season A (Orem,...
PBATS Baseball Medicine Conference
*Athletic Training students can apply for free registration here: http://pbats.com/baseball-medicine-conference-scholarship/*
Make plans now to join us for the 2017 2nd Annual Lewis A. Yocum MD Memorial Baseball Medicine Conference. The course chairman, Dr. Neal ElAttrache, Director of the Kerlan Jobe Sports Medicine Fellowship and co-chairman, Dr. Orr Limpisvasti, have designed the program for athletic trainers and physical therapists who deal with baseball and softball injuries.
The conference is endorsed by the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers’ Society, Major League Baseball Team Physicians Association and National Athletic Trainers’ Association, and is supported by Major League Baseball. This endorsement is in keeping with their commitment to provide the community with the latest information regarding baseball injuries and their prevention.
- Review the etiology of common pathologies seen in baseball athletes
- Improve biomechanical understandings of the throwing athlete as it relates to injury and rehabilitation
- Discuss the evolution of surgical approaches to baseball injuries
- Examine current rehabilitative techniques used to improve outcomes following injuries/surgeries in baseball athletes
- Review non-orthopaedic issues in professional baseball
- Identify strategies to prevent injuries and maintain optimal health in baseball organizations
For more information, please visit: http://baseballmedicineconference.com/